About the Conference
The STRATUS 2023 conference brings together academics, industry representatives, and domain specialists to share perspectives on this rapidly evolving field of a wide range of topics. Since its inception in 2016, STRATUS went from a one-day to a two-day and then to a three-day annual workshop and is now a three-day conference and includes previously recorded field trips. Based on the received request from attendees, we have expanded the workshops to reach entities beyond the original scope of a Western New York audience.
This conference is in-person attendance.
What sets the non-profit STRATUS 2023 Conference apart from other specialized or larger UAS meetings are the important interdisciplinary topics ranging from the latest challenges in UAV platform design and technology to sensor design, information gathering and processing, and modeling to produce data that support decision-making.
- Conference: May 22, 23, 24, 2023 | In person event
- Abstract submission deadline: March 30, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: April 7, 2023
- Early registration deadline: April 16, 2023
The STRATUS 2023 Conference topics include:
- Environmental Mapping, Monitoring and Modelling
- Remote Sensing
- 3D and Multi-view Imaging
- Platforms, Calibration, Sensor, and Imaging Systems
- Multi-sensor Data Fusion
- Technologies and Applications
- Algorithm and Image Processing
- Policy, Public Perception and Privacy Issues
- K-12 Education
- Applications focused on Upstate NY, Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario Regions
The Special Focus of the STRATUS 2023 Conference is “hazards, environmental mapping, monitoring and forecasting”. We invite participants who are interested in sharing their insight, latest research, and technical challenges to engage in scientific and practical conversations to identify collaborative partners for facing the complex challenges under extreme conditions with holistic approaches in designing and testing integrated UAV mission planning, information gathering and decision making for extreme conditions, rapid response or emergency management.
Our Program includes both oral and poster sessions, student prizes for best paper/poster presentation, break and lunch for networking, keynote speakers, panel discussion, exhibits, live demonstrations, happy hours and social gathering. Thanks to our sponsors, we keep the conference fees affordable.
The STRATUS 2023 Conference is a collaborative organizational effort including researchers from some of the region’s leading universities. The general organizing committee is made up of researchers working at the interface of universities, industries, government agencies, and other community stakeholders from these institutions:
• Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
• SUNY Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF)
• University at Buffalo (UB)
- (Early) IEEE Members and Society Members(Before 4/16/2023): $200
- (Late) IEEE Members and Society Members(After 4/16/2023): $250
- (Early) Non-Member (Before 4/16/2023): $250
- (Late) Non-Member (After 4/16/2023): $300
- (Early) IEEE Life Member (Before 4/16/2023): $60
- (Late) IEEE Life Member (After 4/16/2023): $80
- (Early) IEEE Student Member (Before 4/16/2023): $60
- (Late) IEEE Student Member (After 4/16/2023): $80
- (Early) IEEE Student Non-Member (Before 4/16/2023): $70
- (Late) IEEE Student Non-Member (After 4/16/2023): $95
STRATUS 2023 Chair