Through its Awards Program, Region 1 advances the interests of its members by recognizing their significant contributions and service in advancing IEEE-designated fields of interest. With this, the image and prestige of the organization, its members, and the profession are all enhanced.
Do you know someone that is deserving of one of the following awards?
Professional Awards for the following types of contributions:
- Technological Innovation (Academic): For distinguished development, advancement and pursuit of the IEEE’s technical objective.
- Technological Innovation (Industry or Government): For significant patents, discovery of new devices, development of applications or exemplary contributions to industry or government.
- Managerial Excellence in an Engineering Organization: For managerial excellence in organization, leadership, design and development.
- Outstanding Teaching in an IEEE Area of Interest (University or College): For outstanding contributions to education in an area of interest to the IEEE.
- Outstanding Teaching in an IEEE Area of Interest (Pre-University or College): For improving communications between the IEEE and a student body; for support and service to a student body; for service and leadership to the student community.
- Enhancement of the Relationship between IEEE and Industry: For significant contributions in an enhanced IEEE-Industry relationship. Requires a minimum of five years of significant and sustained service as an IEEE volunteer.
- Enhancement of the IEEE or Engineering Profession’s Image with the Public: For significant contributions in developing an IEEE-Public relationship. Requires a minimum of five years of significant and sustained service as an IEEE volunteer.
- Outstanding Support for the Mission of the IEEE, MGA, Region 1 and/or Section: For outstanding service to the IEEE at the Chapter, Section, Region, MGA and/or National level. Requires a minimum of five years of significant and sustained service as an IEEE volunteer.
Lifetime Service Award
- The William Terry Distinguished Service Award: This award is intended to recognize those whose personal efforts have provided leadership, creativity, guidance, hard work and inspiration in a wide range of IEEE activities over a significant and sustained period of time.
Young Professionals Award
- IEEE Region 1 Young Professionals Award: This award is designed to recognize those substantive projects or achievement of a relatively short nature, but which have left an undeniable imprint on the fabric of Young Professionals operations within Region 1.
Want your Section to be recognized for their professional activities? The IEEE Alex Gruenwald Region 1 PACE Award recognizes a Section’s successful professional activities program.
Please consider nominating your fellow peer, colleague or Section for one of these awards! Award nominations are due no later than Friday, July 1, 2022 at https://ieee.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/684/home. More information on awards can be found at https://ieeer1.org/awards/.